Saturday, January 17, 2015

It's been a very long time since I posted anything.  The best laid plans.....

Since December 1st I have been staying at my daughter Marshawn's house in St George. 
Here are some pictures of my sewing area.

Other than the week that I went home for Christmas with the grandkids, that is.  I went home the Tuesday before Christmas and had planned on coming back to St George that next Saturday.  But I ended up staying till Monday.  It was such a fun Christmas,  my Daughter in law Cheryl is the General Manager of the Comfort Inn in Fillmore  so we stayed there Christmas Eve.  Actually we stayed there until the next Monday.  It snowed Christmas morning so we woke up to a white Christmas (about a foot of snow).  The kids loved their presents from Santa and enjoyed their presents all around.   Then a day or so later we got another 6 inches of snow.  What a mess out there so we stayed inside and swam and sat in the hot tub.  Cheryl got me a room right across the hall from their apartment.  Crosley and little Joe had roll away beds in my room.  It was so much fun spending time with them.  The reason I ended up staying the extra days was because little Joe turned 12 on the 23rd of Dec. and he was ordained a Deacon that Sunday after Christmas.  I went to church with them and got to see a lot of friends.

I spent the first week here in St George just getting settled.  Then I had a lot of Christmas gifts to sew.  i spent every minute I could sewing.  I was able to finish this quilt for a dear friend of Marshawn's.

I loved making this quilt.  It started as a panel and I added the bargello border in jewel tones to match the birds and butterflies on the panel.

I also finished my denim quilt top.

It needs a good pressing and I am going to back it with a flannel fabric.  I don't think I will put a batting in it as the levi material is so heavy already.

In addition to that I was able to make some zippered makeup bags and quite a few sets of Microwave bowl potholders.  I need to make a few more sets for gifts throughout the year.

For Christmas I received lots of fat quarters and a jelly roll.  So I have been working on some quilt tops. I also got a new high speed touch screen computer.  I must have been very good this year!!  LOL!

I started my spool quilt.  I want to make it big enough for my bed.  It is a pattern out of the Block magazine.

Here is one block

It is made out of a couple of charm packs that I already had.

I also started my Flying Geese Log Cabin Quilt.

This is real fun.  It is made from a jelly roll I got for Christmas.

I am also working on a Pat Sloan Block of the Month...This is January's block

I also will be making a block from The Fat Quarter Shop BOM too but I haven't started
my first block yet as I just downloaded it yesterday.  I will be posting pictures of it later.

Well, my time in St George is drawing to an end.  In 2 weeks I will be going home to my motor home.  I must get back to my job on Feb 3rd.  These 2 months seemed like such a long time when it first started but it is shorter than I  thought.  It will be sad to go home but it will be good at the other end.  I have missed Joe and Cheryl and the grandkids. 

No comments:

Post a Comment