Monday, November 3, 2014

Another Post and another month of sickness! Yuk!!

Here we are into November and I can't believe I have gone so long between posting.  I've been so busy with the Quilt Guild Blog and work and getting sick again and some sewing.  I started the Blog for the Quilt Guild and even though it doesn't take that much time to do, it does cut into my sewing time.

I started getting sick again and ended up with a massive Sinus Infection.  I was out of commission for a little over a week. 

I did get a quilt finished.  It is my Blue Plate Special quilt.  Here is a picture of the top before I quilted it.


I echo quilted around the plates and then on the borders just stitched in the ditch.  I was so pleased to finish it.  When I got the binding attached I found I was 22" short.  I knew I had some extra fabric but could not for the life of me find it.  So I just used some of the maroon fabric to add to the binding, so one corner is maroon.  I kind of like it that way.  Now to add the label.

I was able to acquire more charm packs of a set for a great fall quilt I want to make.

And, lo and behold I won some fabric from my favorite blogger Maureen Cracknell Handmade...here is a link to her blog   http://www.maureencracknellhandmade.blogspot.com/  and here is a picture of the fabric I won....


I have a jelly roll of this same fabric and so I hope to make something bright and cute out of this. It is part of a collection called Simply Sweet  by Riley Blake and Maureen's sponsor Discover Fabrics provided it.  It is so bright and cheerful.  They are 1/2  yard cuts.  I love winning fabric.

I also did finish a baby rag quilt for my great niece Erin. She is having a baby girl the first part of December.  I made some burp cloths for her too.




I just mailed it the other day so am anxious to hear she got it and likes it.

The 1st of October I mailed the quilts to my sisters in California.

 This is Kitty in the Window (I need to make me one of these)  It went to my sister Sharon.
 This is my disappearing 4 patch.  It went to my sister Thurza.

My fun House quilt "Won't you be my Neighbor" went to my sister Sandy.

They all seem to be pleased with them. And it was such a joy to share my favorite things with them.

A little note of interest is the newest addition to my son's family.  His little girl Hailey wanted a puppy for Christmas.  Well, they got one a little early...It is a shorkie named Roxy.  here are some pictures...

This is Hailey holding Roxy...

And Joe holding Roxy...

She is such a cute little pup and only 8 weeks old.

I've also been working on my charity rag quilts..I made this sports themed boy quilt...

 I still need to clip all the seams...This is the second one of the boy quilts I have made.  I need to get a few more made to hand out.

Well, I guess I am through posting all the news as of now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment