Sunday, June 8, 2014

New Fabric

Last weekend I went to visit my daughter in St George, Utah.  I took 2 of my grandsons.  Joe is 11 and Crosley is 6 going on 7.  They had a lot of fun.  My daughter has a swimming pool so needless to say they spent every waking moment in the pool.  She did get them out of the pool long enough to go hiking . They really enjoyed that.

We did get to do some shopping...went to Joann's.  Marshawn wanted to buy me something as a late Mother's Day present so I picked out a lot of fabrics.  They were on the 50% off rack...




 I tried to get them all to coordinate so I could make a quilt top.

We really had a great time.  Marshawn always spoils me when I go to visit. I decided to make her a surprise quilt.  Her birthday is 4th of July, so I am going to make her quilt top when I go to Panguitch Quilt Walk.  One of the classes is called Sparkling Cider.
I am going to make all those stars with red,white and blue fabrics.  It should be fun.  I got all the pieces cut out and ready to put together.

Today I have spent time getting things organized for the trip on Thursday morning.
Tomorrow morning I am helping at 4-H sewing camp and have to work in the afternoon and dinner at a friends house.   Then same thing Tuesday.  So I won't have a chance to get anything ready till Wednesday.

I did get a chance today to make a couple of journal covers.  I made another one out of the Riley Blake fabrics in red, black, grey and white.  I posted about that one Here. After duplicating that one I made another one out of some generic fat quarters I had in my stash.
 I guess I better sign off and get some dinner.  I will be sure to post after the Quilt Walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment