Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Mid week report

This week is 4-H Sewing Camp.  I have been helping a couple of girls do their projects.  They are working with Denim and it makes it so hard to sew on.  They have cute projects.  They are making a patchwork pillow, a skirt, an apron, a purse, a cell phone holder, and a pincushion.  Some girls have a hard time concentrating.  Tomorrow is the last day but because I am going to Panguitch for Quilt Walk I won't be attending.

I have got so much to do to get ready for my trip. 

I got a surprise on Facebook the other day.  My oldest granddaughter posted a picture of her baby quilt I made when she was born.  The quilt and granddaughter are 30 years old now.  The fabric was a panel that I handquilted and put picot edging on.  It really is the first real quilt I ever made.  This granddaughter has taken care of it for so long.

It was such a thrill to see it.  I didn't take pictures of it when I made it.  I try to always take pictures of the items I make for people.   It is always so fun to look back on things I've done.  

I hope everyone has a great week and weekend.  I won't be posting til next week, when I get home.

No comments:

Post a Comment