Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Picking up the pieces

Today is my 2nd day off in a row.  I didn't really get a lot accomplished yesterday.
The grandkids spent the night before so they were hanging around for quite a while.  I love the way they help me with small projects around the house.  Crosley (age 6) helped me change the sheets on my bed.  The weather has really warmed up so I had to get the fleece sheets off.  Monday I took the boys to the movies to see X Men.  It was a real treat.  That was the reason why they spent the night.

I have been working at getting my fabrics ready for Quilt Walk in June. Quilt Walk is a 4 day quilting retreat in Panguitch.  I signed up for classes from Jenny Doan...Broken Dishes...and a free motion class and a class from Sariah Mortensen called Sparkling Cider.  So I will come home with 2 quilt tops to finish and add to my stack.   I have made project bags to carry my different project fabrics in. It is a pattern I bought at Quilt Guild meeting a few months ago.  It is a pattern by Pie Plate Patterns.  They only take 2 fat quarters, a zipper and a piece of vinyl.



I made this strawberry one first .

 Then I made this purple one.

These bags go together so quick and easy.

I also have been sewing a block for Quilt Walk.  They have a block exchange and raffle quilt bundles off.  The block is called  "Shooting Star"

It was a simple block and I did mine in red, white and blue.  They required us to use an off white for the main fabric. I like the block and may do it colors to go with the blocks I am doing for Quilt Guild.  They are the same size block.

I also made a journal cover to take with me.  It fits a composition book that can be purchased for a dollar.

Here is the front:

and the inside:
Here it is without the book in it.  I love the colors and print.
Other than that, I have been painting my porch...I don't like the color once I got it on but I guess it will do for now...Here is a picture of it finished.

I got my 2 tomato plants in pots earlier this week also.

I hope everyone had a safe Memorial Day Weekend.  Even though I worked Saturday and Monday, I still had a good weekend.

Signing off for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment