Friday, April 25, 2014

It's Friday....Yippee!!  It has been a somewhat productive week.

I have been working on quilting my Kitty in the Window quilt.  I am stitching in the ditch around the kitty and the window frame and finally will do the same around the borders.  Hopefully will finish it this weekend.

I was also able to sew together the Who's on First quilt top.  That is the fabric I won last year about this time but never got around to sewing it together.  The fabric is called Who's on First by Bristol Bay Studio for Bernatex, Inc.  It came with a main panel and 11 fat quarters.  Here is a picture of the finished quilt top.

 I love this baseball themed fabric...Baseball is one of my all time favorite games to watch.   I think I will use a flannel for the backing maybe in a matching blue.  Then I can take it to the grand kids baseball games and wrap up in it.  

I only sewed it up because I would get tired of working on the kitty quilt.  I have Monday off work so hopefully will be able to sew all day.  I really need to get my Jean blocks done so I can start on another quilt top.  I received a 14" hoop today in the mail so I can start quilting by hand some of these quilt tops.  I still have four quilt tops to quilt.  
1. Be my neighbor (House quilt)

2. The 10 minute block quilt



3.  The Blue Plate Special quilt. 
 4.  Puss in the corner lap quilt.



By the time I get these done I  will have a few more tops made, I am sure.

3 comments:

  1. That's a beautiful mess of tops you've got there, Susan! Whoop whoop for some lovely finishes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sarah. I really love sewing and quilting is something I especially love.

      Delete
  2. What beautiful quilt tops! You have such a great eye for color!

    ReplyDelete