Tuesday, March 18, 2014

I've been wanting to start a blog for a long time and just got started.  I will be posting projects I have been working on and some that I have finished in the past.  My favorite thing to do is sew.  I make quilts and sew other projects like fabric baskets, pot holders, journal covers, etc. 
Hailey and Megan's baby quilt
This is a baby quilt that I made for Megan.  She is my go to for hair cuts... The cute gal holding the quilt is my granddaughter Hailey.  She loves to sew also.  She got a sewing machine (nice one too) for Christmas and has been sewing up a storm.  She took a 4-H sewing class last year and got bitten by the sewing bug. 
Hailey's Quilt
This is the strip quilt she made at her 4-H class.  She made lots of things there but I don't have pictures of all of them.

Irish Chain

Back of Irish Chain
I made Joe and Cheryl a quilt for Christmas 2013.  It was called Irish Chain.  I saw a youtube video by Jenny Doan of Missouri Star Quilt Company and wanted to make it.  I made it King sized . I started in September and finished the top in December.  I was going to try quilting it on my home machine but due to time crunches I called my favorite long arm quilter Susan Herbert.  She lives in Ephraim, Utah which is almost two hours from where I live. Here it was the week before Christmas and I still needed it quilted.  When I called her she said she had just had a cancellation and could do it. So the next day (Tuesday Dec 17th) I went to Ephraim with the quilt top and backing material.  We decided to just do a large stipple on it. and she said I could pick it up Friday (Dec 20th).  I ended up working in the afternoon Friday so bright and early I drove over to get my quilt.  Between dropping it off and picking it up I prepared the binding material so I could get started right away.  I wanted to present it to them on Christmas Eve so I had to work fast.  I did get it finished on Sunday night.
My next task was to make them Pillow Shams, Throw Pillows  and Pillow Cases to match.  I finally finished them yesterday (March 17th).. In the last year I have made so many quilt tops and need to get some of them finished before I can really get started on new projects. Most of them I will quilt on my sewing machine.  Following are some pictures of some I've finished and some are the quilt tops I need to work on.
Baby Boy Quilt I made and sent to a great Niece in California


Queen sized quilt I made and designed for my Granddaughter Dawn
This pattern is called the Ten Minute Block. I learned this pattern at Quilt Guild Meeting and couldn't wait to get home to try it.
This pattern is one I bought at a quilt shop quite a few years ago. I couldn't understand the pattern at first but after making a few quilts I understood perfectly what they were telling me.  It is called Blue Plate Special.
My finished Disappearing 9 Patch inspired by Amy of Stitchery Dickory Dock



This Quilt I made in 2012 for my Grandson Joe.  He loves Football so when I saw an image on the internet I knew I had to make it for him.

These are Pillow I made for my daughter Marshawn for her birthday last year.

This is my latest quilt top.  It is for a sister in California.  The pattern is Disappearing 4 Patch and is another inspiration from Missouri Star Quilt Company.

This was one of the first quilts I made in 2013.  It is called Lazy Log Cabin with a BarnRaising effect.  I made the Pillow Shams out of left over blocks.  It is Queen sized and is on my bed.  I love it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment